The IMSD program provides support for undergraduate students at KU who are interested in pursuing a career in biomedical research. Major components of the program include mentored student research experiences, enhancement programs in introductory science and math courses, and enrichment activities such as group seminars, faculty and peer mentoring, and travel to scientific meetings.
Join a community of students, faculty and staff that will support you while you prepare and develop for a research career in Biomedical and Behavioral research. IMSD will provide you with:
- financial support through paid undergraduate research experiences,
- an extensive mentored research experience with a KU faculty mentor,
- personalized academic and career counseling,
- professional development opportunities including presentation experiences
- a network of current scholars, successful alumni and faculty
- specialized seminars, including current research and research career paths
- support for travel to national meetings, and
- access to laptops and calculators.
For questions or more information about the program, please contact the IMSD Prorgam Coordinator:
1002A Haworth Hall
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7534
To contact other Office for Diversity in Science Training support staff or administration, please visit the ODST Contact page.